- About Us
- AAOO VS OOIDA
- Get Healthy!
- Job Board
Benefits of Eating Cacao:
- 40 times the antioxidants of blueberries
- Natural mood elevator and anti-depressant
- Thins blood and can prevent blood clots
- Lowers blood pressure
- Better digestion
Cacao vs. Cocoa
Yes, there is a difference both in how they are made and the nutritional values...and how they're spelled. Here's the brief overview:
Cacao is made by cold pressing the cacao bean. This keeps all the enzymes while removing all the fat.
Cocoa is made by roasting cacao beans at a super high temperature. This process takes a lot of the bean's nutritional value out.
Overall: Cacao is the winner when it comes to the health benefits!
How to Cook/Use Cacao
Cacao is the best way to fulfill your sweet tooth without having the guilt. Yes, a healthy dessert is possible...with cacao! Check out all the recipes that are healthy but still manage to find a way to satisfy those cravings:
Cacao Banana Cookies
- 2 tablespoons of cacao
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup of oats
- Another mix-in if you so desire (some suggestions include: dried cranberries, walnuts, etc.)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F
- Mash the bananas in a bowl
- Mix in the cacao and the oats until comes to form similar to cookie dough
- If you plan to add a mix-in, this is when you do it
- Plop the mixture onto a baking sheet (Make sure you flatten and shape into cookies because baking will not flatten the cookies)
- Bake for 10-15 minutes
This dessert is has no added sugar (only sugar is from the bananas) and is gluten free.
Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1/2 tablespoon of cacao powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup of chocolate almond milk (you can get this unsweetened to eliminate the sugar)
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (almond butter is preferred but it's expensive so just use peanut butter if you don't already have the almond butter)
- Place bananas, almond milk, nut butter, and cacao powder into a food processor
- Pulse until smooth and creamy
- Add in the cacao nibs and pulse one more time
Wait, you're telling me this ice cream is healthy for me? Yes, we are!
- 3 tablespoon of cacao powder
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 2 cups of walnuts
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and until mixture comes to a sticky ball
- Line an 8x8 baking sheet with plastic wrap or parchment paper
- Spread mixture onto sheet
- Freeze for an hour
Well, hey there brownie!
Share with us and other truckers how you have or plan to use cacao by using #NoWCacao & join our Facebook group: Healthy Trucking