- About Us
- AAOO VS OOIDA
- Get Healthy!
- Job Board
Benefits of Eating Asparagus:
- Full of antioxidants
- Tons of Vitamin K
- Mood booster
- Good for your immune system
- Natural diuretic
How to Cook/Use Asparagus
While it might make your pee green and stink, it is super delicious. In fact, if you want to piss off the person doing your drug test, eat a ton of asparagus before. Probably the most tasty way to eat asparagus is to cover it in olive oil and throw it on the grill but you can also bake it or cook it in an over. Try out some of the recipes below for a healthy meal with asparagus.
Oven Roasted Asparagus
- One bunch of asparagus
- Olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Arrange asparagus onto a baking sheet
- Brush asparagus with olive oil
- Sprinkle black pepper and Parmesan cheese on top of the asparagus
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
An easy and great side dish!
Asparagus & Tofu Noodle Dish
- 8 oz of penne pasta
- 2 cups of asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Cook pasta and drain water out
- While pasta is cooking, place asparagus pieces into pan with olive oil and cook for 5-10 minutes
- Mix the noodles and asparagus and noodles together
A main course for champions!
Share with us and other truckers how you have or plan to use asparagus by using #NoWAsparagus & join our Facebook group: Healthy Trucking